Friday, December 12, 2008

The Wilson Family visits!!


In the summer of 2002 I was introduced to a young woman at church. She was from out of town (Illinois) and here for the summer. We exchanged numbers and I told her to call me if she wanted to hang out. She called me the next Sunday, I invited her over for dinner and she ended up staying the weekend at my house. We spent that entire summer together. The next summer she moved out her until February of 2005 when she moved back to Illinois, met a wonderful man, got married and is mother to two beautiful children. God is funny in the way he works. That Sunday in 2002 was a very casual meeting. To be honest I totally forgot that I gave this girl my number until she called the following week. Who knew that God was setting this meeting up to be one of the most important of my life. He introduced me to a wonderful, compassionate, energetic woman that quickly became one of my closest and best friends. God is funny. You never know what he has in store for you from one day to the next. Jana, her husband Scott and their nine month old daughter Delaney came out to visit this last week. It was wonderful to see her and her family. Some of us had met Scott when we went back to Illinois for their wedding reception, but none of us with the exception of Meredith had met Delaney. She is adorable and so much like her mommy! I am horrible at taking pictures so the only picture I got this weekend was one with the three little girls. Emolyn and Delaney are one week apart and Madison is 6 months younger than the two of them. We all had a great time with the Wilson's and miss them terribly.

No comments: