Friday, December 19, 2008

It could be worse...

So I wanted to update all of you who didn't know this little thing about my life. On Tuesday morning I went to Costco to pick up our Christmas cards. It was raining, I was wearing flip-flops (what else is new) and I fell on the sidewalk. Landed on my butt, but used my left wrist to break my fall. That was a mistake. I looked at my wrist and noticed that it was in the shape of and "S" clearly not the shape it was supposed to be. I went to the ER got some x-rays they said "it's broken" I said "duh". They knocked me out so they could put it back into place and on Wednesday afternoon I had surgery. I know have one large titanium plate in my wrist with eleven screws. The next step is having tests done to see if I have some sort of bone density issue. I think that's another "duh". So that has been our week. It was very difficult at first but as the week went on it has gotten easier. Apparently I am a "fall risk" need to wear secure shoes at all times. My sister recommended something within the Velcro family. I didn't think that suggestion was funny! :)

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh my Jeannette, what an eventful week! In addition to the velcro shoes, you may want to consider some sort of protective head gear...I'm sorry I couldn't help it! I love you and I hope you're doing well.