Thursday, June 4, 2009

On vacation...no pics!

I am on my last day of vacation with Madi and my mom in Palm Springs. We orginally were going to go on this awesome trip to Washington D.C. with 5 seniors from Sunnyslope High School. It would have been the coolest trip, but we weren't able to get the tickets changed over to our name (two kids droped out, that's why were able to go). I was super disapointed!! I love D.C. and would have loved to share that expereince with Madi and my mom. Oh well, God had another plan...my mom said "hey, we were already planning on going on vacation, let's go somewhere anyway!" So she rented a house in Palm Springs, CA for cheap and we have been here since Saturday. This trip is super relaxing filled with swimming, shopping and eating! Madison is LOVING her swim time and I have been loving my relaxing time! I realized that I really don't relax very much at home. I always feel that there is something else to be done. I am a lot like my dad that way. Even as a kid I can remember going on vacation with the family and watching my dad, he never fully relaxed. My mom has no problem getting into relax mode. But my dad never could switch into that mode as quickly. I really want to be able to switch into the "vacation, relax mode" a lot faster. On another note...I am ashamed to admit that I love US Weekly, PEOPLE magazine and all other trashy celeb gossip magazines!! I know that they are horrible, but I can't help it! Whenever I see one, especially when I'm on vacation I desperately want to buy it and when I do I feel a little guilty that I bought one! It's a catch-22. I really love them though:)

2 comments:

Miranda said...

never feel guilty about loving gossip magazines!! I check People.com at least once a week to get my fix. At some WHSmith stores here they sell the american gossip mags, but it's rare to find them. On the otherhand I am well versed in England gossip (and seriously Star and Enquirer are TAME compared to what they do here)... I have no idea who these people are aside from Posh and Becks, but I know all their sordid exploits.

So glad you get to relax on vacation!!

linda t said...

She's adorable Jeannette!
So glad you have those memories with your daughter and Mom. 3 generations of beautiful women vacationing together! I think you started a new tradition!