Friday, June 19, 2009

My "boss":)

Let me start by saying I love being a mom! I do...I really love it. I feel very blessed to be able to stay home with Madi and I love the time we get to spend together. I know for the rest of my life I will always treasure these times, because I will never get them back. With that being said, let me say that it is not easy. I consider staying at home with Madi my job and like any job it has it's ups and downs. The only difference is that in this job I have a 10 month old boss that is sometimes very demanding and very messy:) With other regular jobs your boss gives you feedback, positive or negative. A 10 month old can't say "Your doing a great job! You are going over and above your job requirements and we really appreciate the time your putting in." Sometimes not hearing that is difficult. I need to know that I am doing a good job from the person I am doing the job for, but she can't tell me that. The only way I know that I am doing what she needs for her is when she giggles at me when were playing peek-a-boo or when she smiles at me while I'm changing her diaper. Those are little subtle things but they are encouragement nonetheless. I hear from Matt all the time that I am a great mom and he can't imagine doing what I do. Which is wonderful and I really appreciate. I guess I will just have to wait a couple years when she can look at me and say "Thank you mommy." Can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

Nicole T said...

better than before when they were little and just blobs, no giggles no nothing