Sunday, February 22, 2009

Its Oscar night and I miss my friend Miranda:(


My friend Miranda is in England studying for the semester at Royal Halloway. Which is wonderful and so exciting for her! It has been a dream of hers to travel to Europe and see everything there. While I am a so excited for my friend because she is fulfilling a lifelong dream of hers I can't help but be a little selfish today. You see, Miranda is my movie/Hollywood/celebrity guru. She knows everything there is to know about everything that has to do with celebrity lives. Tonight is the night where all those lives collide into a huge award show that we all know is rigged but we watch anyway. Last year, I was newly pregnant and the idea of going anywhere to watch the Oscars besides my couch was laughable. In the middle of the show I started texting Miranda about what I was watching. We continued to text for the entire show. We commented on what some of the women were wearing, who was dating who and just about every other caddy comment you could think of. It was so much fun! When we saw each other later that week we both said that next year we will have to actually watch the show together. Well, we are here in next year and my beautiful friend is living her own celebrity life in England. I am so proud of her for going and exploring a new life for a little while, just as long as next year she is sitting on my couch making fun of the crazy and wonderful people in Hollywood. I love you my sweet friend and miss you dearly!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

Oh my gosh Jeannette, just go ahead and make me cry why don't you!! I have been thinking about our Oscar night last year ALL WEEK this week with all the oscar coverage I've been reading about. I am not able to watch the oscars here cause of the time difference. I will MOST DEFINITELY be at your house next year ready to tear that night apart with our hilarious comments. You are awesome!!

I love you friend!

P.S. It was good seeing you for those 2 seconds today on skype!!