Saturday, October 4, 2008

the dairy sacrifice



So Madison has been quite jaundice this week. We took her to the doctor and they did a blood test to see what is causing the jaundice. They think that it is just "breast milk jaundice" which takes a little longer to go away than if she was on formula. They said that we could supplement a little formula to help the jaundice go away faster. Also, the doctor noticed that Madison tends to spit up a lot. She asked us if this was a usual occurrence, which it is. The doctor then asked what my diet consists of. I told her that I have Celiac disease so I can't eat anything with wheat, rye, barley or oats so my diet consists of a lot of dairy. The doctors response was "yup! that's what I was looking for. She is getting too much protein from you from the dairy so cut out ALL dairy for the next week and see if it changes anything." So basically I can eat meat, rice and potatoes. FUN huh??? It's really not that bad, but it does make me very thankful that I am not lactose intolerant!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love reading your blog on being a new mom! I don't think I have even said congrats to you yet so CONGRATS! You and Matt look so happy and Madison is beautiful!