Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Look mommy...


So I was walking into my doctors appointment today and there was a little girl probably about 8 or 9 years old standing out front with her mom. As I hobbled closer (I was on my crutches) she stops talking to her mom, stretches out her arm, points at me and says "look mommy". While I can appreciate the fact that she may have been pointing at the beauty of my hot pink cast, or the genuine "glow" of a pregnant woman, doesn't she know that it's not polite to point!!!! Come on little girl!! I know I look funny moving all slowly on the crutches! I wouldn't move that slow if I wasn't pregnant! I was pretty speechless. What I wanted to say to her was..."you know how I got this cast?? I crushed a little girl about your age with the power of my foot!" But I thought that might traumatize her for life! So I kept my mouth shut and hobbled on.

1 comment:

Miranda said...

I applaud your restraint... I think that is a sign that you'll make a wonderful mother.